We endeavour to take all due care to protect your personal information, in accordance with the applicable Data Protection legislation from time to time.
For the purposes of Data Protection legislation, Nature-based Solutions Initiative is the data controller in respect of the personal information that we collect through the Website.
Information we may collect from you when you visit the Site
The personal information we collect when you visit the Site (“Information”) includes:
- e-mail address, first name and surname
- records of emails and other correspondence (including any further information we may request from you) when you contact us to request information, report a problem, or provide feedback on our products and services;
- standard information automatically collected by our web server including your IP address, browser type, and operating system;
- details of your visits to our site, including access time.
If you contact us to enquire about a job vacancy, we will collect details relevant to your enquiry and any subsequent application you may make, which will include your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number(s), CV and work experience, and (in certain cases) your personal circumstances. We will provide you with further details at the time.
How we use your information
We will only use the Information we collect as follows:
- to provide you with the information about our products and services that you request;
- for internal record keeping, billing, accounting and market research purposes;
- to respond to any queries, complaints or requests for further information;
- to improve the content of the Site;
- to customise the content and/or layout of the Site; and
- to provide you with marketing information about other products and services we supply that may be of interest to you.
If you contact us to enquire about a job vacancy, we will only use your Information for that purpose.
On what basis do we use your information?
We will process the Information that you provide, or we collect from you, on the basis that it is necessary for our legitimate interests in promoting and marketing our products and services, and for the other purposes mentioned above, or (as appropriate) for providing you with information about job vacancies.
Your Information will not be used for any other purpose, or disclosed to any third party, unless we are required to do so by law, or as mentioned in the next paragraph.
How long do we keep personal information for?
If you contact us with an enquiry but you do not (or the organisation you represent does not) enter into a contract with us, we will normally delete your personal data after 10 years.
If you contact us about a job vacancy, we will normally delete your personal data after 10 years, unless you become an employee of ours.
Your rights as a data subject
As a data subject you have certain legal rights including:
- the right to access the personal data held about you;
- the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes;
- the right to withdraw at any time any consent you have given to receive marketing material from us;
- the right to ask us to rectify inaccurate personal data about you;
- the right to ask for the restriction of personal data concerning yourself that is inaccurate, unlawfully processed, or no longer required;
- the right to ask for the erasure of personal data concerning yourself where processing is no longer necessary, or the legitimate interests we have in processing your personal data are overridden by your interests, rights and freedoms as the data subject; and
- the right to make a complaint about to the supervisory authority (the Information Commissioner’s Office).
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect your Information from unauthorised use. However, as no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, we cannot take responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
Please remember that other methods of Internet communication, such as emails and messages sent via a website, are not secure unless they are encrypted. We take no responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions, comments or requests about the Site generally, please contact us by email to [email protected]
If you any questions, comments or requests regarding our use of your personal information, or wish to delete your personal information, please contact us by email to [email protected] or write to us at the following address: The Data Protection Manager, Nature-based Solutions Initiative, Department of Zoology, University of Oxford, 11a Mansfield Rd, Oxford, OX1 3SZ
A “cookie” is a small text file that is placed on a user’s computer hard drive by a website. There are several types of cookie and the most common are often referred to as ‘session’ cookies. These are used to keep track of information needed by a user as they travel from page to page within a website. These cookies have a short lifetime and expire within a few minutes of the user leaving the site.
Nature-based Solutions Initiative cookies do not store any personal information (encrypted or otherwise) they are simply a numeric identifier that allow us to recognise repeat visitors.
Nature-based Solutions Initiative uses benign cookies to tell where to find details that can be used to pre-fill parts of online forms and to personalise future communications so they are relevant.
Internet browsers normally accept cookies by default; however, it is possible to set a browser to reject cookies. If this is done it is important not to exclude the benign and useful session cookies. Choose an option that rejects all third-party cookies.
Nature-based Solutions Initiative may use this information together with publically available business information to contact such organisations with further information about its products and services.
Third Party cookies
In order for us to effectively measure and report on website activity, Nature-based Solutions Initiative uses Google Analytics. More info on Google cookies can be found at: